Collection of NOTE EXPANSION questions



An advance organiser is a statement preceding the lesson that is designed to help the learner store and retrieve material that is learned.’ It means that advance organisers at a beginning of a lesson provides an explicit image where students can clearly differentiate and discriminate prior knowledge and new and their relationship which may eventually assist in learners cognitive processing as in storing and retrieving. There are five main characteristics of advance organisers that follow which are:

1. Short set of verbal or visual information

2. Presented prior to learning a larger body of to-be-learned information.

3. Contains no specific content from the to-be-learned information

4. Provides a means of generating logical relationship among elements in the to-be-learned information.

5. Influences learner’s encoding process. In sum, advance organisers are material presented before new information is introduced and it is highly organised, connect general or prior knowledge to new content and may add meaning to new content

I always refer to the model above to design my speaking class lesson plans because I always give students time to build their own organiser and place their points orderly before they speak. It can help them to speak better with more confidence. They can use :
  • Using comic strips
  • Using pictures.
  • Storytelling
  • Role playing games
I would also love to share my resources on how I do my lesson plans for my speaking class. 

These are my useful resources,please click the resources link↓ 




References for the picture:medium.net
References for the resources:
www.teachingenglish.org.uk
www.teachstarter.com
busyteacher.org




















Comments