Managing a noisy class???




The role of a teacher is to organise the presentation to be learned while the students are to master ideas and information’. The important role of the teacher in this model is an organiser. The teacher needs to systematically organise and present information in a meaningful way so that it will be easier for learners to comprehend.

There are many teaching resources that can be used in this model Advance organisers can take the form of anything that helps students recognise the place of each thing they go on to learn.’ Regardless, the significant teaching resource is concept maps. It functions as an effective instructional tool because ‘concept maps provide a window into students mind- they reflect their knowledge structure. ‘ It means that as a teaching aid it initiates learners to explicitly organise a content, generate the relationship between contents and enable learners to engage content and cognitively think deep and reflect about a content. 

I related this teaching model to this post is because it relates to how we organize and handle our students in our classroom.

Classroom management is a very difficult task especially when we teachers need to teach 40 students perclass. Each student have a different behaviour and some can really be hard to control.

Beginning of my teaching years I always had this problem of controlling a noisy classroom. I have tried various methods to control the students. Non of it succeed. I was always wondering will I ever be able to control my class.

One of my school teacher shared with me this amazing 5 seconds strategy. At first I was in a doubt will it work but then it did!

I would love to share this video resource with all teachers.

Dear, teachers below is a trick of 5 seconds. I will share the video . Hope it is helpful.




Reference for the video resource: Cult of Pedagogy youtube channel

Comments