HOW TO GET IDEAS TO SPEAK MUET CEFR

 



HOW TO GET IDEAS TO SPEAK

PART 1 INDIVIDUAL PRESENTATION

PART 2 GROUP DISCUSSION

 

·       You are given a particular point to talk and what you need to talk relating to the particular point.

 

 

Particular point

 

The particular point for part 1 will always relate itself to these 7 big themes :

ü  People

ü  Culture

ü  Science

ü   Technology

ü  Health

ü   Environment

ü  Consumerism and Financial Awareness

 

What you need to talk relating to the particular point ? Basically the question given to you

 

The question will most likely ask you to speak about :

ü   Importance

ü   Good

ü   Bad

ü   Strength

ü   Weakness

ü   Advantage

ü   Disadvantage

ü   Beneficial

ü   Non beneficial

ü  Causes

ü  Effects

ü   Solutions

 

How to GET IDEAS TO SPEAK?

 

Think for ideas to speak using these statements :

 

Intro- given point

·       I can talk about a brief overview of the given point [ what you know ] eg relate the given point with a theme and explain.

·       I can introduce the question given to me and define the question on my own words

 

Main body-what you need to talk relating to the given question for you

·       I can mention who are related

·       I can give reasons .why?/what?/how?

·       I can say how something is done / solved

·       I can give examples

Conclusion

·       I can restate the question given to me and just sum up everything that I said

 

 

For examples I can do this :

Relate the given point to your situation like your experience, experience of your surrounding, experience of a community ,society, a certain group that you know.

 

* avoid sharing data if you are not sure

 

 Click this link to print the SPEAKING BANK (useful language expressions )SPEAKING BANK USEFUL LANGUAGE EXPRESSIONS

 

You can choose one point to speak

 

Think how to talk about the point you choose using 2 W’s questions.

 

·       Why  I choose that point to speak ?

Ø  think in terms of  Importance

Ø think in terms of Good

Ø  think in terms of  Bad

Ø  think in terms of  Strengths

Ø  think in terms of  Weaknesses

Ø  think in terms of Advantages

Ø  think in terms of Disadvantages

Ø  think in terms of  Beneficial

Ø  think in terms of Non beneficial

Ø  think in terms of the Causes

Ø  think interms of  the Effects

Ø  think in terms of  the Solutions

     think in terms of can something be improved

 

 

·       What examples I can say to support the point I choose ?

Ø  Relate the chosen point to your situation like your experience, experience of your surrounding, experience of a community ,society, a certain group that you know.

 

 

 

 

Comments